Sunday, January 25, 2009

They're Driving Me Crazy!

I know it isn't a long weekend by any means and I guess it could have been a three day weekend. Perhaps the snow could have fallen longer and deeper than the 3" we received and school could be cancelled tomorrow.

But what is it about the 65 hours between Friday's release of school and Monday's carpool that creates a real life version of Super Smash Brothers between my two kids? I swear they would kill each other if we weren't sitting in the same room.

Now don't get me wrong, they are great kids and I am not naive enough to think they couldn't be worse, but between the tattling, unwillingness to share, yelling, complaining, name calling and flat our meanness they are driving me crazy.

I am sure my father is smiling up in heaven and thinking "I told you so" and I know my Mom had her share of days like this. (Well, now that I think about it, as one of three boys, I am sure she had more weekends like this then I ever will.)

Oh well, school starts at 8:10am tomorrow and I have a full day of work in front of me. I am sure by the time I tuck them in tonight, all will be forgotten when they tell me they love me and I kiss them good night, right?

Right?

While the kid in this commercial is much worse than my children have ever acted, I know most parents have shared this shopper's pain.

1 comment:

  1. I bet most parents share your sentiments. My mom used to threaten me with a curse - a curse that I would have twins exactly like myself. I hope that doesn't come true!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site and adding a comment! Be sure to stop back later!